Mendoza Wine + Culture TOUR
SIX Days | Five Nights
Winters Only (southern hemisphere Summer)
March 4 - 9, 2019
WELCOME TO Mendoza
Mendoza is hot – literally and figuratively. Its nickname, “Tierra del Sol y del Buen Vino” – Land of Sun and Good Wine – tells us everything we need to know: Mendoza’s accommodating climate for grape-growing, along with several key movers and shakers in the wine industry, have made it the New World wine region on everyone’s Malbec-stained lips. La Dolce Vigna's Mendoza Tour showcases the beautiful and diverse ways in which Malbec – Mendoza's most well-known grape variety – expresses itself in the three main zones of Mendoza: Maipú, Luján de Cuyo and Valle de Uco. But, don't worry: we'll taste many other wines and get to dine in fabulous restaurants, experience a proper asado (Argentine barbecue), explore Mendoza's rugged landscape, and bliss out in one of the region's best (and most intimate) wine lodges.
Mendoza Tour Highlights
Sommelier-guided tastings at mendoza's boutique and historic wineries in all three main appellations
experience argentine cuisine at its finest: delicious tasting menus at incredible winery estates, A barbecue extravaganza at one of Francis Mallman restaurants (of Chef's Table fame), and local gems
Learn to make empanadas, chimichurri,and other Argentine specialties in a special cooking class
Experience the stunning natural scenery with a guided hike in the Andes or rafting adventure (weather permitting)
YOUR HEAVENLY RETREAT IN MENDOZA
Our stunning and luxurious accommodations for the week is the most intimate wine lodge in Mendoza (and the seventeenth most beautiful hotel in the world according to Travel + Leisure magazine), situated right at the foothills of the Andes.
ALL-INCLUSIVE $4800 / person based on double occupancy
Meet Your Sommelier Guide + Founder of La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, Leslie moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. She has lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and has traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you.
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups. Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 12 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Sommelier Guides. You will always have a certified sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries. Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central. Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, loved-by-local casual spots to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- No Cookie Cutter Tours. Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive. Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one in some cases), activities, hotels, transportation, and gratuities from the moment we meet until our fond farewell.
- Down Time. For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms. Long live slow travel!
- Helping others. Besides helping the local, artisanal economy through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional restaurants and staying at intimate hotels, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to 10,000 Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.
looking for a Private wine tour of Mendoza?
Look no further! La Dolce Vigna also curates private tours—with or without a guide—based on your dates and interests. We will open the doors to an authentic dolce vigna experience complete with exceptional food and wine, colorful personalities, warm hospitality, cultural sites not to be missed and many, many photo-worthy moments. (Trust us.)