Le Marche Wine + Culture Tour for Bergamot Wine
september 20 - 26, 2019
WELCOME TO THE EDGE: Le Marche
(pronounced Lay - MAR-kay)
Bergamot Wine has teamed up with La Dolce Vigna to collaborate on an incredible itinerary for you through Le Marche, a region in Central Italy whose name literally means "the borderlands". Nestled between the Apennine mountain range to its west and the Adriatic Sea to its east, and bordering Tuscany, Umbria, Emilia-Romangna, Abruzzo, Lazio and the Republic of San Marino, kudos are due to whoever named the region. Perhaps because of its famous neighbors, Le Marche remained off the radar for so long. However, thanks to its unspoiled nature and expressive, now sought-after white wines such as Verdicchio di Castelli di Jesi and Verdicchio di Matelica, and reds, including Rosso Conero and Lacrima di Moro d'Alba, Le Marche's heyday is finally here.
The week-long Wine + Culture Tour of Le Marche exclusively for Bergamot Wine members is still in the works. We will be finalizing details this fall and will release updated information as it becomes available, but you can expect stellar wines (of course), meals your mouth will be salivating about months later (in a good way), plenty of time to soak up the region's rich natural landscapes, and, may we so bold as to say some pretty entertaining wine tour guides? Grazie.
Le Marche Highlights
VISITS TO top wineries in Le marche's principle wine regions
taste Le Marche's DOP Extra virgin olive oil at one of our favorite producers
Private tour of the renaissance town Urbino, a UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE
Explore the charming towns of ascoli piceno and grottammare
delve into the REGION's cuisine: from authentic home-style cooking to inventive dishes by some of le marche's best chefs
Your Accommodations in Le marche
More information coming soon. We are in the process of selecting some pretty sweet places to stay during our week in Le Marche.
ALL-INCLUSIVE $4500* / person based on double occupancy
*this is the highest possible price of the tour. Once we have other key details finalized, we will inform you of the final tour price.
Meet Leslie rosa, Founder of La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, I moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. I have lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and have traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you. I am so excited to be organizing this tour for Bergamot Wine members!
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups. Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 12 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Sommelier Guides. You will always have a certified sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries. Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and are packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central. Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, loved-by-locals osteria to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- No Cookie Cutter Tours. Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive. Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one lunch), activities, hotels, transportation from the moment we meet until our fond farewell.
- Down Time. For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms. Long live slow travel!
- Helping others. Besides helping the local, artisanal economy through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional trattorie and staying at intimate hotels, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to 10,000 Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.