Calabria - sicily Wine + Culture Tour for Poesia Restaurant
June 3 - 10, 2019
Eight Days | Seven Nights
Only 12 Spots AVAILABLE!
All aboard for Calabria and Sicily!
Join Francesco d'Ippolito, owner of Poesia Restaurant in San Francisco and native Calabrian, and Leslie Rosa, sommelier and director of La Dolce Vigne Wine + Culture Tour Co. for an 8 Day - 7 Night Southern Italian feast for the senses! Our vinous voyage will begin in Calabria, the toe of Italy's boot-shaped peninsula, where we will visit some of the best wine producers in Cirò, Lamezia Terme and Isola di Capo Rizzuto (also known for a killer amaro), enjoy the coastal city of Tropea for some fun in the sun, take in several breath-taking sunsets, and be wined and dined in the region's best restaurants. After soaking up Calabrian culture for five days, a ferry ride will take us across the two-mile Strait of Messina to Sicily, where we will enjoy the incredibly expressive wines of Faro and Mt. Etna, Europe's highest active volcano, as well as the panoramic views from our cliff-top base in Taormina, one of Sicily's most beautiful towns. And, don't worry: Sicilian cuisine does not disappoint either! Expect the best olives, citrus, capers, pistachios and gelato (served in a brioche!) you've ever had in your life.
Private visits to top wineries in Calabria and sicily with your sommelier guide
Incredible dining experiences of regional Cuisine
Relaxing Day on Tropea's sunny shores
a visit to Francesco's hometown with a special surprise
scenic Ferry Ride from Calabria to Sicily
guided visit of Taormina's ancient greek amphitheater
optional Hike around an extinct crater of Mt. Etna
Your Luxurious Accommodations in Calabria + Sicily
We will stay in two different hotels in Calabria: a beautiful resort on the Ionian coast and a stunning villa in Tropea, overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea. Our home in Sicily is another gorgeous villa with jaw-dropping views in Taormina.
ALL-INCLUSIVE $4350 / person based on double occupancy
Meet Your Sommelier Guide + Founder of La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, Leslie moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. She has lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and has traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you.
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups. Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 12 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Sommelier Guides. You will always have a certified sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries. Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central. Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, loved-by-locals osteria to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- No Cookie Cutter Tours. Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive. Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one lunch), activities, hotels, transportation from the moment we meet until our fond farewell.
- Down Time. For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms. Long live slow travel!
- Helping others. Besides helping the local, artisanal economy through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional trattorie and staying at intimate hotels, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to 10,000 Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.