Tuscany Wine + Bike Tour
(in Collaboration with Getaway ADventures)
Seven Days | six Nights
ANNOUNCING THE MAIDEN TREK THIS AUTUMN 2017 with special discounted rate:
October 17 - 23
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
YOUR TUSCAN ADVENTURE AWAITS
La Dolce Vigna is excited to be collaborating with Getaway Adventures on this once-in-a-lifetime wine + bike tour through Tuscany! Ride the ancient roads at your own pace, enjoying stunning panoramas of hillsides dotted with cypresses, castles and vineyards at every turn. The appetite we work up will be appeased by culinary wonders from the region: Think al fresco lunches under the Tuscan sun, picnics in secluded groves, and dinners in winery cellars.
Of course, we can't forget about the wine! Lucky for us, we'll be in the homeland of some of Italy's greats (Chianti Classico, Brunello, Montepulciano) as well as some lesser-known but excellent Tuscan wines.
When not biking, eating or drinking, explore beautiful Tuscan towns, dip into the restorative thermal waters of Bagno Vigoni, or take the time to write a few postcards back home, gushing about what an amazing time you are having!
Your entourage for the week will be two local bike guides and an accompanying sommelier, who are not only super knowledgeable and there to make your trip run smoothly, but are all-round good company. You'll be in good hands, allowing you to concentrate on more important things like living la dolce vita!
- Biking throughout the voluptuous countryside of Chianti and Val d'Orcia, a UNESCO heritage site, with knowledgeable and local bike guides
- Visits to some of the most treasured wineries in all of Tuscany, hand-selected for you by your accompanying sommelier guide
- Luxuriating in natural thermal springs
- Learning how to cook traditional Tuscan recipes with our guest chef
- Exploring the charming cities of Siena, Pienza, and Montalcino
MAIDEN TREK SPECIAL PRICE
ALL-INCLUSIVE $3750 / person based on double occupancy
Future Tours will be $4750 / PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
Meet Your Sommelier Guide + Founder of La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, Leslie moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. She has lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and has traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you.
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups | Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 10 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries | Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central | Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, beloved by locals osteria to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- Bike + Sommelier Guides | This is the only bike tour in Tuscany that has an accompanying sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- No Cookie Cutter Tours | Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive | Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one lunch), activities, hotels, transportation from the moment we meet till when we part.
- Down Time | For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms.
- Helping others | Besides helping local, artisanal economies through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional trattorie and staying at charming agriturismi, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to A Thousand Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.