Tuscany Yoga + Wine Retreat
Seven DayS | Six Nights
2018 Dates: October 21 - 27
Special Bring-A-Friend DISCOUNT
Book a spot on the retreat with a friend bY February 14, 2018 and you will both receive $200 off your tour price!
WINE, WOMEN + WISDOM
A RETREAT for the body, mind and palate IN LUCCA, TUSCANY
For one incredible week, we will embrace and be embraced by la dolce vita. We will cultivate awareness and experience a more embodied state of presence, finding presence, insight, empowerment and connection through the vitality of our senses. The week's program moves at a lovely pace: Each morning, we will rise for a 90-minute morning meditation and yoga asana class, focusing on one of our senses each day. Afterward, you will be able to extend yourselves by the pool under the Tuscan sun, explore the estate's olive groves and hillside vineyards, or we will be driven to some of the most stunning vineyards in Tuscany where al fresco lunches and fabulous wines await us. Our evenings will alternate between special wine tastings organized by your sommelier to expand your palate, and restorative yoga sessions to help us unwind and absorb the beauty of the day, as well as delicious dinners made for us at the villa or in a nearby historic town.
This retreat is suitable for all levels of yoga experience. You will experience a safe and nurturing practice with a focus on spinal alignment and ﬂexibility, safe and functional body mechanics, breath awareness, physical, emotional and mental strengthening, igniting our senses while deepening our connection to ourselves and others. You will come away feeling relaxed, replenished and grounded.
YOGA + WINE RETREAT Highlights
Taste through Tuscany's treasured wines through vineyard visits and sommelier-guided tastings
Start each morning with a guided yoga session + Mini savasana massages
Learn how to make typical tuscan recipes with our in-house chef
Enjoy sublime hikes through vineyards and olive groves
TOUR the Tuscan towns of Lucca and Pisa by a private guide
Your Luxurious Accommodations in TUSCANY
We are lucky to call this private villa in the Lucchese hills home for our week-long retreat. The elegant yet comfortable interior is decorated with frescoes and an incredible collection of contemporary and antique art. The grounds of the estate are equally stunning: a gorgeous pool, several gardens, an olive grove, hillside vineyards, numerous decorative fountains...in short, paradise!
Starting at $3400.00 / Person Based on Double Occupancy
Meet YOUR Yoga + Wine RETREAT HOSTS
LESLIE ROSa, SOMMELIER + FOUNDER OF La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, Leslie moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. She has lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and has traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you. She is now based in the Bay Area.
Laurie klein, Yoga Teacher + Massage Therapist
Dr. Laurie Klein has a passion to heal. She has been an inspired Chiropractor for 23 years and a massage therapist for 29. As a certiﬁed yoga therapist, and 22 year practitioner of yoga, Dr. Laurie knows the value and need to not only to get healthy, but to sustain good health. The ‘trifecta’ of chiropractic, massage and yoga informs her approach towards physical, emotional and neurologic well being. Dr. Laurie creates intimate, thoughtful and creative Yoga classes that are tailored to encourage a deeper understanding of who we are and how we can best heal physically and emotionally.
MASSAGE AND CHIROPRACTIC SERVICES
There will be an opportunity to enjoy the massage and chiropractic services from Dr. Laurie while on our seven day retreat at an additional cost. Enjoy hour or hour and a half massage therapy sessions that are tailored to your physical and emotional body. Dr. Laurie offers, deep therapeutic massage and myofascial release for chronic pain or injury management. Cranial sacral and efﬂeurage massage therapies to unwind and relax the mind and body. Movement and structural therapies are available including one-on-one or couple yoga instruction and mobility training. One hour treatments are 80.00 euros; One and a half hour treatments are $110.00 euros.
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups. Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 10 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Sommelier Guides. You will always have a certified sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries. Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central. Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, loved-by-locals osteria to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- No Cookie Cutter Tours. Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive. Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one dinner), activities, hotels, transportation from the moment we meet until our fond farewell.
- Down Time. For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms. Long live slow travel!
- Helping others. Besides helping local, artisanal economies through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional trattorie and staying at charming agriturismi, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to 10,000 Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.