Tuscany Yoga + Wine Retreat
Seven DayS | Six Nights
2018 Dates: May 13 - 19
Special Bring-A-Friend DISCOUNT
Book a spot on the retreat with a friend bY January 15, 2018 and you will both receive $300 off your tour price!
Welcome to YOUR Yoga + Wine RETREAT IN LUCCA, TUSCANY
For one incredible week, we will fully embrace and be embraced by la dolce vita. Our mornings start with a light breakfast and an awakening vinyasa flow yoga class, linking breath with movement through poses both restorative and energizing. We'll end our sessions with a luxurious savasana, which will include aromatherapy and a mini-massage. The week's program moves at a lovely pace: Some mornings you will be able to extend yourselves by the pool under the Tuscan sun, or perhaps explore the estate's olive groves and hillside vineyards. On others, we will be driven to some of the most stunning vineyards in Tuscany, where al fresco lunches and fabulous wines await us. Our evenings will alternate between special wine tastings organized by your sommelier to expand your palette and restorative yoga sessions to help us unwind and absorb the beauty of the day, as well as delicious dinners made for us at the villa or in a nearby historic town.
This retreat is suitable for all levels of yoga experience with sequencing designed to release tension in the hips and lower back. You will experience a safe and nurturing practice, leaving you feeling relaxed and replenished.
YOGA + WINE RETREAT Highlights
Taste through Tuscany's treasured wines through vineyard visits and sommelier-guided tastings
Start each morning with a guided yoga session + Mini savasana massages
Learn how to make typical tuscan recipes with our in-house chef
Enjoy sublime hikes through vineyards and olive groves
Relax with Restorative Yoga Sessions in the evening
Be led through the Tuscan towns of Lucca and Pisa by a private guide
Your Luxurious Accommodations in TUSCANY
We are lucky to call this private villa in the Lucchese hills home for our week-long retreat. The elegant yet comfortable interior is decorated with frescoes and an incredible collection of contemporary and antique art. The grounds of the estate are equally stunning: a gorgeous pool, several gardens, an olive grove, hillside vineyards, numerous decorative fountains...in short, paradise!
Starting at $3400.00 / Person Based on Double Occupancy
Meet YOUR Yoga + Wine RETREAT HOSTS
LESLIE ROSa, SOMMELIER + FOUNDER OF La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, Leslie moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. She has lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and has traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you. She is now based in the Bay Area.
Sophia Mallie, Yoga Teacher + Massage Therapist
Sophie is a passionate and inspired Yoga teacher, singer and massage therapist based in Oakland, California. Sophia's classes weave a combination of chanting, meditation, music, and intelligent sequencing with emphasis on proper alignment and breathing techniques. She is known for her calm nature, and ability to provide support for the particular needs of her students. Her grounded and motivating energy provides all levels of practitioners the opportunity to find balance while daring to explore their edge.
Sophia discovered yoga in 1998 after dancing professionally in the world of modern dance. She received her teaching certification in 2007 from the acclaimed Sharon Gannon and David Life of Jivamukti Yoga in New York. Her unique teaching style is greatly influenced by her teachers including Stephanie Snyder, Janet Stone and Rusty Wells.
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups. Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 10 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Sommelier Guides. You will always have a certified sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries. Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central. Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, loved-by-locals osteria to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- No Cookie Cutter Tours. Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive. Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one dinner), activities, hotels, transportation from the moment we meet until our fond farewell.
- Down Time. For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms. Long live slow travel!
- Helping others. Besides helping local, artisanal economies through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional trattorie and staying at charming agriturismi, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to 10,000 Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.