Veneto Wine + Culture Tour
Six Days | Five Nights
2018 Dates: September 10 - 15 (TWo SPOTS LEFT!)
2019 Dates: September 23 - 29
Welcome to the Veneto
The Veneto, home to some fantastically good-looking cities such as Venice, Verona and Vicenza, is one of Italy's top wine producing regions by quantity and quality. Its diversity should be noted as well — between the refreshing, bubbly Prosecco and the deep baritone Amarone, happily live a few outstanding whites (Soave, Custoza and Lugana), a rosé (Bardolino Chiaretto), enjoyable, fruity reds (Bardolino and Valpolicella) and a more complex red (Valpolicella Ripasso). And we can't forget the deliciously sweet dessert wines Recioto di Soave and Recioto della Valpolicella, and the powerful grape-skin brandy Grappa.
Our 6 Day - 5 Night, sommelier-led Veneto Wine + Culture Tour introduces you to all of them through a carefully curated itinerary of artisanal and historical wineries. We'll also see a Palladian Villa or two, hike the terraced prosecco vineyards, explore Vicenza and Verona, learn how to make a typical Venetian recipe, and relax in a luxurious spa overlooking Lake Garda. You're already packing your bags, aren't you?
Veneto WINE TOUR Highlights
Taste THROUGH THE VENETO's ACCLAIMED AND DIVERSE wines, FROM PROSECCO TO AMARONE, at handpicked wineries by your sommelier guide
PRIVATE Palladian Villa Tours
RELAX IN LAKE GARDA'S Thermal WATERS
Hands-on Cooking Class of Venetian Recipes
VISIT THE CHARMING TOWNS OF ASOLO, BASSANO DEL GRAPPA, AND VICENZA
ENJOY A PRIVATE City Tour of Verona, the romantic setting of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
Your Luxurious Accommodations in the Veneto
We are lucky to enjoy the impeccable hospitality and incredible environs of two stunning villas during our six days together: one in Asolo — "The City with a Hundred Horizons — and one just outside of Bardolino, which perches above Lake Garda, Italy's largest lake.
ALL-INCLUSIVE $4200 / person based on double occupancy
Meet Your Sommelier Guide + Founder of La Dolce Vigna
After a decade of working in the art world for eminent institutions and artists in New York, London and around the globe, Leslie moved to Italy, fell in love with Italian wine, and became a certified sommelier with the Associazione Italiana Sommelier. She has lived in Tuscany (Siena) and the Veneto (Venice) and has traveled extensively throughout the country, seeking out small wineries that have a story to tell, local gastronomic wonders, cultural gems and experiences that exude the good life to share with you.
La Dolce Vigna Difference
- Small Groups. Our tours are always limited to a maximum of 12 people to assure you an intimate experience.
- Sommelier Guides. You will always have a certified sommelier guide to answer all of your wine-related questions on the road.
- Family-Run and Historic Wineries. Our tours are centered around small, eco-conscious, family-run wineries that make truly outstanding wine, and packed with cultural insights.
- Foodie Central. Be prepared to eat. A lot. We've picked out amazing spots for you, from the small, loved-by-locals osteria to the Michelin-starred restaurant
- No Cookie Cutter Tours. Depending on the season and local events, we will custom organize the best and most insider experience for each group.
- All-Inclusive. Rest assured that your tour price includes all meals (except for one lunch), activities, hotels, transportation from the moment we meet until our fond farewell.
- Down Time. For those of you who have been on other group tours, you know what we're talking about. Part of living la dolce vigna is taking the time to truly savor your experiences and surroundings. We've built in time for you to do just that at your own pace and on your own terms. Long live slow travel!
- Helping others. Besides helping the local, artisanal economy through visiting small wine and food producers, eating at traditional trattorie and staying at intimate hotels, a donation on behalf of each individual that takes one of our tours will be made to 10,000 Gardens in Africa, a Slow Food initiative aimed at cultivating sustainable and healthy communities throughout Africa.
looking for a Private wine tour of Italy?
Look no further! In addition to the intimate group tours above, La Dolce Vigna also curates private tours—with or without a guide—based on your dates, interests, and budget in the Veneto, Tuscany, Sicily, Piemonte, Puglia and Basilicata. We will open the doors to an authentic dolce vigna experience complete with exceptional food and wine, colorful personalities, warm hospitality, cultural sites not to be missed and many, many photo-worthy moments. (Trust us.)